MARGIN OF EXCELLENCE GRANTS
The Margin of Excellence (MOE) Grants are funded by the generous patrons of the President’s Circle. The $5,000 grant provides an extra edge to enhance faculty teaching and students’ learning. It may be used for equipment or other forms of programmatic support (e.g., supplies, instructional materials, capital equipment, seminars and other forms of professional development) that are not covered by the district’s budget, to enhance both the teaching and learning experiences. Direct impact on or involvement with students is a top priority.
DEADLINE: Friday, May 26, 2017
APPLICATION: Please submit application via email to the SMC Foundation at email@example.com.Click here for full application.
(please download from last scroll page)
The committee is looking for one-time requests that will not require ongoing funding. Applicants are encouraged to ask for funding that will not likely be funded by other avenues of revenue.
1. Cover sheet/Two-page proposal signed by department chair
2. Detailed budget that does not exceed $5,000
- Why is this request important and how will the funds be used?
- How will this grant benefit the students of Santa Monica College?
- How else may this grant benefit other faculty members or your department?
- Travel requests; however, should be limited;
- In most cases, grants should not be used for payroll or third-party consultants and,
- Funding requests that should not require annual private or district funds to sustain.
Applicants must be full-time faculty
To see some of the previously funded projects click here.
Awards are announced via email and hardcopy letters approximately one month after the close of submissions.
DISBURSEMENT OF AWARDS
1. Contact vendor(s) and obtain current estimate(s)—ONLY.
2. Send all estimates/documentation referencing official prices to Harmony Ma at the SMC Foundation (send via email at firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. All ordering and payment of grant materials will be done by the Foundation on awardees’ behalf.
4. Please have ALL estimates/documentation in to the Foundation by the 1st of May so that all grant materials can be purchased and delivered before the end of the fiscal year.
The selection committee will be comprised of college administrators, SMCF board members, and/or Foundation donors.