The Chairs of Innovation is a $20,000 grant supports and encourages departments and programs across campus to think collectively, and work collaboratively to find new ways to serve our students. The award will give a platform to project proposals that will have a positive impact on the instructional and learning environment from all institutional, student support and administrative departments.
DEADLINE: Sunday, December 31, 2017
APPLICATION: Please submit application via email to the SMC Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for full application.
1. Proposal summary
3. Grant Contact/Coordinator, Department Chair and Vice President’s signatures
PROPOSAL REQUESTS MUST ADDRESS ONE OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING GOALS:
1. To enhance the teaching and learning environment; and/or
2. To improve institutional effectiveness in the delivery of instructional programming and/or student support services
3. Demonstrate a sustainable outcome that can be adapted into core-curriculum across single departments and/or cross-departmental instruction.
NOTE: Please be as concise and considerate as possible when detailing the innovative scope of the proposal.
1. Provide a brief summary of this request (150 words or less).
2. What problems, needs or issues does this project address?
3. What are your goals and outcomes for this project? How will these outcomes support one or all of the above-noted goals for this award?
4. How will your proposal impact student success?
5. Describe the specific activities that the department/program will use to address the identified needs and outcome.
6. Provide a timeline for implementation, including key milestones to be accomplished.
7. How does this project complement or augment existing services?
8. Will this project require ongoing funding? If so, how will the department maintain the program when funding ends?
9. Will this request leverage other existing or pending sources of funding? If so, please specify.
NOTE: Department applications may request up to $20,000 for the following activities:
· Equipment/technology upgrades
· Academic Advancement
· New program development (although the department must identify how it will continue the program beyond the award period)
· Interdepartmental Collaboration
· All Full-time Faculty and Administrators are eligible to apply
THE SELECTION PROCESS
· The selection committee will meet prior to the end of the academic year, at which time selected applicants may be asked to make a 10-15 minute presentation in defense of their proposal.
AWARD ANNOUNCEMENT THE SELECTION COMMITTEE
The selection committee will be comprised of college administrators, SMCF board members and/or Foundation donors. Awardees will be announced at the fall Opening Day ceremonies.
DISBURSMENT OF AWARD
· Recipient must submit a W-9 form for the distribution of award and is responsible for reporting award to IRS.
· Funds are dispersed in increments of $10,000 per academic year, over a 2-year period. Recipients may select payment in one of the three following ways:
1. Full amount in September (Fall);
2. Full amount in February (Spring); or,
3. ½ in September and ½ February