The President’s Circle Award for Innovation and Progress is a $25,000 grant that allows departments and programs across campus to think collectively and work collaboratively to find novel and inventive ways to serve our students. The Award supports project proposals that will have a positive impact on the teaching and learning environment from all institutional, student support and administrative departments.
DEADLINE: Friday, April 28, 2017
APPLICATION: Please submit application via email to the SMC Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for full application.
1. Proposal summary
3. Grant Contact/Coordinator, Department Chair and Vice President’s signatures
PROPOSAL’S MUST ADDRESS ONE OR BOTH GOALS
1. To enhance the teaching and learning environment; and/or,
2. To improve institutional effectiveness in the delivery of instructional programming and/or student support services.
1. Provide a brief summary of this request (50 words or less).
2. What problems, needs or issues does this project address?
3. What are your goals and outcomes for this project? How will these outcomes support one or both of the above-noted goals for this award?
4. Describe the specific activities that the department/program will use to address the identified needs and coutcome.
5. Provide a timeline for implementation, including key milestones to be accomplished.
6. How does this project complement or augment existing services?
7. Will this project require ongoing funding? If so, how will the department maintain the program when funding ends?
8. Will this request leverage other existing or pending sources of funding? If so, please specify.
NOTE: Department applications may request up to $25,000 for the following activities:
· Equipment/technology upgrades
· Professional development
· New program development (although the department must identify how it will continue the program beyond the award period)
· Time-limited activities
· All institutional, student support and administrative departments
THE SELECTION PROCESS
· The selection committee will meet prior to the end of the academic year, at which time selected applicants may be asked to make a 10-15 minute presentation in defense of their proposal.
AWARD ANNOUNCEMENT THE SELECTION COMMITTEE
The selection committee will be comprised of college administrators, SMCF board members and/or Foundation donors. Awardees will be announced at the fall Opening Day ceremonies.
DISBURSMENT OF AWARD
· The winning department is announced at the fall Opening Day ceremonies